Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Portuguese class, alternatively titled: making balloon animals for one's host brother is both fun and rewarding



*Minha Filha/Meu Filho= Doesn't translated directly to "my daughter/son" in conversation. Proof? A seven year old called me his daughter yesterday.
*A gente- Means the people or we or us. Cool.
*Volta sempre- Come back (always) also common for people to say "appear more here, please"
*Segura pra mim- On the bus, it isn't uncommon for someone to offer to hold your bags for you while you're standing so you can hold on better. FINALLY happened to me last week. What if I did this on the subway?
*Eu matei quem estava me matando- I killed who was killing me. One uses this after one eats very quickly and desperately. Preceded by a sigh.

Note: host brother is 33. May or may not be named Fabrício.

No comments:

Post a Comment